Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Puno'd

Today is Wednesday and currently I am watching "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" in Spanish at the Puma Backpackers located in northern Puno. I arrived here three days ago after spending a little over five weeks in Cusco and after saying farewell to some really great people. The hostel is essentially a house converted into an extended living accommodation and the owners, Enrique and Frita, have been really hospitable.

Puno is a very relaxed town filled with pizzerias, motorcycle taxis, and generally warm people, that sits along Lake Titicaca and is very close to the Bolivian border. Before arriving here I was playing with the options of hopping into Bolivia to see La Paz for a few days or trekking deep south into Chile to see San Pedro de Atacama. Both ideas have been officially left on the back burner because I have contracted the Flu and have been forced to stay here in Puno until things get better. The worst of it has definitely passed and thanks to whatsapp my Mom helped me find proper medication. Being stuck here isn't too bad because the hostel is completely vacant minus me which is perfect for recovering and there is a really nice TV so life is good!

Hopefully tomorrow things will be even better and now the plan is to go to southern Peru to Tacna because there are two Couch Surfing contacts there, head up along the coast to Lima for the weekend, maybe stop for a day in Trujillo, then be in Chiclayo by the 18th of January. There are some really good friends in Chiclayo who made arrangements for me to visit! This is all for now and a dubbed Will Smith is still pretty funny. Take care and I hope everyone is having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment