Friday, August 3, 2012

Last Missoula Days

My name is Danny Catena and this is a blog that I will continue to update for the next 5 or so months in an attempt to keep friends, family, and loved ones informed concerning my where-abouts. Today is Friday, August 3rd, 2012 and this is my third to last day as a Missoula, Montana resident. After 7 years of living in one of the most beautiful places ever conceived, surrounded by some of the greatest people I have ever met, a decision has been made to pack up my belongings and explore some different places. I am deeply thankful for every friend, co-worker, and acquaintance that I have met while living in Missoula and know in my heart that we will remain close. Moving will be a considerably bittersweet experience because I love living in Missoula but inside there is a desire for something new. The next few days will be filled with moving chores and spending time with as many people as possible before leaving on Monday. The official plan is to fly to Bogota, Colombia on August 19th and spend 4.5 months as a vagabond learning Spanish, volunteering, dancing Salsa, and meeting people from different walks of life. My ending point is going to be Rio De Janeiro, Brazil and on December 29th I am going to be returning home and making my way to Portland, OR where my girlfriend Anna lives. This is my loose schedule for now and more updates will pour in as new ideas and events take place. This trip is something my heart is craving and thank you for your support, friendship, and love. Have a nice day, you look really good right now :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go and make me cry all over again. Miss you already Danny!

    ReplyDelete